A lot of women love their shoes. After all, a good pair of shoes can really compliment an outfit
and, if well made, last a long time. However, there are many things to consider before buying a
pair of shoes. By following these tips, you’ll be able to get the best bang for your buck.
High Heels for High Events
When it comes to buying a pair of women’s shoes, there are mountains of avenues that you can
take. If you’re going to a classy event, you’ll probably want high heels. In reality, even though
women’s high heels are still considered to be bad for your feet, there are actually many different
types of high heels that don’t fall under this stereotype. Some of the different types of high heels
• Peep Toes: Peep toe heels are thought to be one of the most comfortable types. They are meant to show off your toes, so keep that in mind.
• Wedge Heels: Wedge heels are another type that earns points for comfort. A lot of women choose wedge heels for every day events as well.
• Cone Heels: These heels are shaped like a cone and are usually more for professional looks.
• Stilettos: Stilettos are known for being the “sexy shoes.” They are usually 4 – 6 inches in length; however, there are some stilettos out there that are made to be more comfortable.
• Platform Heels: These heels are specifically designed with comfort in mind and are usually more casual in style.
• Kitten Heels: Kitten heels are perfect for the wearer who doesn’t like high heels, but still wants to stand out. Kitten heels are usually made with much shorter heels.
Believe it or not, something called “pitch” is considered to be the number one thing people
should know about high heels, according to some experts. But, what is pitch?
Pitch is referring to the difference between the height of the heel in relation to the sole. The pitch
may be the reason why you are experiencing discomfort. In order to fix the pitch problem, all
you have to do is take into consideration the height of the heel in relation to the sole. Platform
heels are usually the way to go with this.
Of course, when considering any type of women’s shoes, comfort is always a key factor. After
comfort, you should think about what style of shoe you would like and what type of look you are
going for. Remember to consider the type of event as well.
Dr. Taryn Rose is an orthopedic surgeon turned shoe designer focused on technical
innovations to improve how we live. After selling her namesake company in 2008 she
came out of retirement to team up with her partner, Enrico Cuini. Together they have
built a first in kind shoe company making made to measure sexy high heels for smart
women who set their goals high and wear their heels even higher.